St. Aidan's Parents' Council
St. Aidan's Parents' Council represents an important home/school relationship, and it can bring about the formation of further links by:
- Helping the school to provide wider opportunities for involvement by parents generally, and
- Play an advisory and consultative role in relation to the school on behalf of the parents who elect it
The Following List A Sample Of The Functions We Provide:
- Providing Expert Speakers to parents on a range of issues (e.g. bullying, drugs, study skills, nutrition etc.)
- Providing a forum in the school for issues that affect parents as a body.
- Involvement in school policies (e.g. Admissions Policy >>)
- Promoting parent's views at Parents' Councils nationally and to The Department of Education on relevant issues (e.g. Curriculum Development)
- Supporting St. Aidan's Awards Ceremony For Extra Curricular Activities.
- Contributing to St. Aidan's Book Fair
- Promoting non-uniform days for charitable fundraising.
- Assisting at St. Aidan's Graduation Ceremony
- Fundraising for our group
- Catering at schools events during the year